Author Topic: Trader Lee's....  (Read 4584 times)

Tattoo

• Administrator
  • DMVB Score: +34/-1
  • White Trash... Straight outta the trailer park!!!
    • View Profile
Trader Lee's....
« on: December 22, 2008, 06:02:50 PM »
This place goes without saying for me....Its my favorite destination when out for the day on the Harley!! For those who don't know its on the corner of rt. 50 and 611 in West Ocean City. I have too much I could say about this place. Some of the best times I've had out on my bike were at this place. Even in the rain. Got caught in a storm there once and they let me and the others there bring our bikes inside and gave us towels to wipe em off!!! How many places would do that for ya?? Got a good Traders story??? Share it with us. Should make for some good reading!!! See ya all there this spring.........Tattoo
"Wind in my face...Two fists in the air...Not a care in the world!!!"

lizard1

Re: Trader Lee's....
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:19:31 AM »
I have had really good times there, and some not so good times there! details would bore you!  oh my :o...I will say that everybody that works there will always make you feel welcome!  You are pretty much guaranteed to meet somebody new everytime you go!

Winslow

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 08:45:07 AM »
I recall one Trader Lee's story I experienced...  Pockets, PJ, SE and myself decided to do a run down to OC for a day.  Nothing special, just kicking around doing some riding and stopping at a couple of places along the way.  The day was looking a little iffy as we headed out of Salisbury, but we pressed on regardless.  We made it down to OCHD before any actual rain started to fall.  We hung there awhile and watched to see what the weather was gong to do...  Typical delmarva weather, the sun was out when we left OCHD headed East towards OC.  By the time we made it to Trader Lee's the bottom had fallen out and I swear I was driving my bike through a good 3 or 4 inches of standing water!  Of course, every last inch of me was soaked to the skin!  We pulled into Trader Lee's and the guys there were way cool!  First, they ushered us right into the bar on our bikes!  As we got off and shook ourselves off they handed us towels to dry off with!  Way cool!  We ended up spending a couple of hours there watching the rain come down on the 100s of cars headed into OC, having some drinks and laughing our asses off.

A hearty thumbs up for Trader Lee's!  One of the most biker friendly places on the shore!

- Steven Winslow -

pockets

• DMVB Score: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 09:16:45 AM »
Steve, I remember that ride!! Felt like the flt had gone from "land yacht" to a not so sea worthy skiff!! Bunch of water on the road very fast!!  Had a great day though...someone told me years ago (yes I am old) that there is never a bad day on a motorcycle, just ones that you do not want to repeat!!!! Merry Christmas to all...Love ya, Safe Rides Pockets

~*Country Angel*~

• DMVB Score: +38/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 02:22:06 PM »
Tatt...DITTO AGAIN...Trader Lees is a place to definatley go by and have a cold one with Rob and crew....I have known Rob for many many years.....18 to be exact...we worked together at The Princess Royale, and have been friends ever since...He is always willing to do whatever it takes to make for a good time.....Sooo all be sure to check them out this spring coming...COME ON SPRING...I think I will organize a ride for all of us...then all can hit these fun spots...Just a day of riding with good friends and family and having some good ole laughs....Soooo how warm does it need to be before WE ALL can ride.....ummmm atleast 60+ for meeee....PLEASEEEEEE......lol
It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

Tattoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 07:41:51 PM »
As long as the roads aren't frozen I'm good to go!!! Break out the leathers and lets GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Tattoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 02:14:31 AM »
...I think I will organize a ride for all of us...then all can hit these fun spots...Just a day of riding with good friends and family and having some good ole laughs...

Sounds great to me!!! I think we should have a "DMVB ride for the hell of it" to begin the season and to end it. Start the season off reuniting with friends and having a great time and end the season the same way....Looking forward to next!!!!

Winslow

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »
Awesome idea!  Lets keep a close eye on the weather and see how things play out.  Remember, we still have January, February and the dreaded March to come before the weather can be anything near realiable.  The worst thing in the world is to schedule a ride and then have to cancel.  The last DMVB ride went down that way, and I think we ended up hurting some people's feelings...  The LAST thing I ever wanted to do.

- Steven Winslow -

~*Country Angel*~

• DMVB Score: +38/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 12:10:53 AM »
DANG we all are thinking alike...Kinda Scaryyyyy...lol...Well we can do it and make it a damn good ride...Lots of friends and I know some good laughs by all......But remember I am a wuss when it comes to cold weather...lol....I will find out from Rod when he opens back up...And I will tell him we are coming to town sooo be ready for us...lol
It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.