Linked Events

• Polar Bear Run: January 24, 2009

Author Topic: Polar Bear Run  (Read 8656 times)

sunnbeachlvr

Polar Bear Run
« on: November 30, 2008, 05:36:44 PM »
All
In case you have not heard. There is a Polar Bear run that starts in Easton on 24 JAN. It starts at 7219 Frances Street, Easton. A lite breakfast is served at 1000. After that head to Sandy Point. When its over we head back to get warmed up at another location that is yet to be determined
Sassyharleylady on BON is sponsoring the ride and has a page to set up to donate for the ride. The proceeds benefit the handicap.
the web site she puts on the BON ride page is
http://somd.kintera.org/faf/login/teamPageEdit.asp?ievent=280324&lis=0&kntae280324=1B4CADF1BCEO4D52BBB299B5E790C61F.
I signed up on BON to join the ride. If anyone from the shore area wants to ride over we can set up a link up point and ride over from here. I would rather not ride over on my own if I can help it.
There is a BON team page to register on and each registerant gets a tee shirt I believe.
Blake
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:49:09 AM by Winslow »

Winslow

Re: Polar Bear Run
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:48:38 AM »
Linked to the Calendar...

- Steven Winslow -

~*Country Angel*~

• DMVB Score: +38/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:10:33 AM »
Sorry...no way no how for this one...Brrrrr....If I can sit behide a window with a great view and some hot coco...Count me in...

ain't no way I am going into the cold water...ME SKEERT!!! lol
It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

Tattoo

• Administrator
  • DMVB Score: +34/-1
  • White Trash... Straight outta the trailer park!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 04:05:47 PM »
I' agree 100% CA!!! I ain't dippin a pinky toe in til June!!!!
"Wind in my face...Two fists in the air...Not a care in the world!!!"

Grimmus

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 06:22:47 AM »
wow   lol i live on 7304  frances st

i guess i would be a little miffed if i didnt  join a ride that was starting a few houses down from mine lol

Grimmus

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 06:26:33 AM »
p.s.  the polar bear plunge is a great  event that does raise funds for  special olyimpics.. and  when we get to sandy state park there will be  ALOT of people there jumping in the  bay... 

p.s.s.

what is this  BON i see posted on here ?

Gunner

• DMVB Score: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 08:09:58 AM »
p.s.  the polar bear plunge is a great  event that does raise funds for  special olyimpics.. and  when we get to sandy state park there will be  ALOT of people there jumping in the  bay... 

p.s.s.

what is this  BON i see posted on here ?

http://www.bikerornot.com/users/forums.asp
Vietnam Vets M/C
Maryland

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »
Grimmus...BON is an awesome sight...very informative about rides...meeting new friends...running across old ones...I like how BON and delmarvabikers.com works together in keeping our biker community together...Go get signed up and look for me...Country Angel on there also.......you will find it also very fun.
It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

Winslow

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 05:00:48 PM »
Interestingly enough, I was approached by a representative with BON back when they first got started.  I took them to be just another dating site, so I wasnt very responsive.  I wont "Prostitute" DMVB for paid dating sites, I just think its tacky and would make DMVB look tacky to have banners for dating sites (only my opinion).  I like it clean and community oriented.  Anyways, I was dead wrong about BON.  They really are a very well done site, VERY ambitious and very much about bikers first and foremost as apposed to making a buck.  I suppose the natural question at that point is - Am I jealous?  You betcha!  However...  An endevour that big, covering the entire world and boasting 10's of 1000's of members is a bit more than I could or would want to handle...

- Steven Winslow -

lizard1

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 05:43:41 PM »
I too have made friends through BON!  It is fun!  I am blondee or something like that on there!  I agree with Angel, it is fun!

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 11:40:26 PM »
Steve you do an outstanding job on here. KUDOS to U!! I like this sight just the way it is...THANK YOU!

lizard1

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 07:19:52 AM »
I second that Steve!  ;D

LuvBug

• DMVB Score: +5/-3
  • got it " Class M" permit moving to the front seat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 09:46:16 AM »
steve u guys have done an awesome job with this site hey if it werent for you guys keeping this site in order we wouldnt have a clue whats going on in the biker world so no need to be jealous about BON although it is a good site  it is definately a different setting than the one you guys have created right here on dmvb so keep up the good work and thanks for all that u do

Naughty Angel

• DMVB Score: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • BikerOrNot.com
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »
while i am here, i will put in my 2 cents, lol!! i am on BoN too, and while i enjoy it very much and think it's a good site, it's not the same as DMVB. this site brings people together and many become like family. i don't think any of us are going anywhere! xoxo to u & lisa!!!

Winslow

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »
Awww...  *Blush*  Thanks one and all!  I wasnt realy fishing for compliments there, just putting my 2 cents in on BON.  Im in "The Business" as they say and HIGHLY critical of websites and various scams you see out there on the net.  God bless anyone out there trying to make an honest buck, they certainly deserve the best.  My first impression of BON was - Just another flash in the pan trying to scam us all for a quick buck, but I was WAY OFF base!  Actually, Im very glad to see a site like BON do well.  It signals a change in the internet and the way things should be done.  Instead of charging people to get in, Its free for users and very much done in the spirit of the net.  Sponsership driven is the way to go, maybe the slower and less profitable in the short term, but they are laying the foundation for something that could last awhile.  The more sites like BON there are out there, the fewer scammer sites you will see and the more confidence people will have in the net.

DMVB was never designed or entended to be on the scale of BON.  Im happy with DMVB as it is, well, maybe I need to do some spiffing up here and there, but all in all its what I had originally envisioned.

- Steven Winslow -