Delmarva Time: December 15, 2017, 09:26:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the Delmarva Happenings section of DMVB!  (Read 5130 times)
Winslow
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:34:31 PM »

Welcome!

This board and the entire site were setup as a meeting place for Delmarvabikers.  Please note, dmvb is a nonpartisan website.  This means we cater to all bikers, regardless of make, model or other affiliation.  Please keep in mind the theme of the site, have fun and remember that we all share a comon bond - biking!

This section of the forum is for talking about biker happenings on Delmarva.  If you would like to promote your event and have it added to the DMVB calendar, this is the place!  Topics added here will be added to our calendar after being filtered for content.

All events should have the following to be considered:

1) The Basics: Where, When and What.  Events that miss out on any of these details could be passed over for inclusion in the calendar.

2) A good description of the event.  What are you doing?  Who will it benefit?  Bikers are some of the most generous people on the planet, but be sure to mention what its all about!

3) You can also optionally upload JPG, DOC or PDF flyers to be included with your posting.  Each posting may have up to 4 uploads at 1 meg each.  We still need the details added to the message even if they are included in the flyers.

4) Be on subject!  Your posting should be of interest to delmarva area bikers.  We have been known to stretch this a little bit if its for a good cause.

Thanks,

- Steven Winslow -
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:27:54 AM by Winslow » Logged
Winslow
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 07:36:54 AM »

Thanks for your interest in delmarvabikers.com!

We strive very hard to make the site as easy as possible to use and make sure as many local events as possible are covered and included in the calendar.  Its vital when sending info in for your event that you communicate with us in a way that we can understand.  I receive requests to include about 10 events a year that are incomplete.  This could be a flyer where someone forgot to include the date, some kind of gra[hic file that I can not decypher or just forgetting some vital peice of information.  This can lead to misunderstandings and misinformation being posted on the site, something I take very seriously.  The worst thing in the world to me is to have someone read something here, take the time and trouble to go somewhere and the event not be going on or some other misunderstanding occur.

So, please be sure to include in your posting request the basics in a plain text format.  This means you need to write it up in the body of your message.  Flyers are great and you can include some very creative imagery to get your message across and attract people to your event, but without the basics we can no longer post your event.

Thanks Again,
Steven Winslow
Winslow
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »

Q: What the heck happened to my event?!?!  What happened to XYZ event that I went to and would like to post some comments on?!?!?!

A: Back at the beginning of the summer, I created a new section in delmarvabikers called "Past Delmarva Biker Happenings".  This board was used as a kind of archive for past events.  This keeps the "Delmarva Biker Happenings" section up to date and fresh, with only current and up coming events listed.  Once the event has happened, I will move it to "Past Events" when I get the chance and see it.

- Steve -
Winslow
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »

Going on feedback I get, the "Happenings" section of DMVB is probably one of the most popular parts of the site.  In order to keep it neat and clean and easy to use, from time to time I will move all past events over to the "Past Delmarva Biker Happenings" section.  This section is live, you are free to comment here and all previous posts regarding an event will be preserved as well as calendar links.  For 2010, I plan on adding an "Ongoing Happenings" section to the board.  The idea here will be to have a place just for weekly ongoing events like local "Bike Nights" and so on.  I feel these nights are a special part of the biker scene on Delmarva and certainly deserve special consideration.  Hopefully, we will end up with a page that will show everything on Monday, Tuesday, etc.

Thanks for tuning in,
- Steven Winslow -
Tattoo
Administrator

DMVB Score: +34/-1

White Trash... Straight outta the trailer park!!!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »

Sounds cool bro...

"Wind in my face...Two fists in the air...Not a care in the world!!!"
Winslow
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 09:54:47 AM »

Did my winter clean up today!  Anything older than 1/1/11 has been moved back to the "Past Events" section.  They are also still on the calendar in past years so you can look them up.

Steven Winslow
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: