Linked Events

• DELMARVABIKERS RIDE (CANCELED): September 07, 2008
  • Delmarvabikers.com Ride: September 21, 2008

Author Topic: RIDE FOR THE HELL OF IT!! RESCHEDULED 9/21!!!  (Read 8365 times)

Sweet_Emotion

RIDE FOR THE HELL OF IT!! RESCHEDULED 9/21!!!
« on: August 13, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »
After me wussing out 2 weeks ago, we are going try this again...  This Sunday September 21, we will be having a RIDE FOR THE HELL OF IT!  Yes, this ride benefits no one but those who go on it, has only a loose itinerary and 2 starting stops...

1) 9am - Rt 50 Goose Creek Store in Mardela.
2) 10am - Rt 50 Exxon Station in Easton, MD.

From there we plan on heading north up Delmarva to Elkton, MD and Port Deposit / Union Hotel.  From there, its all play it by ear!  If you would like another stop added, please post below!

- Steven Winslow -
------------------------------------------------
With the response we have gotten for the idea, we are DEFFINATELY going to do this!  Its just looking way too iffy at this time to make hard plans.  I hate canceling, but hell, I dont want anyone getting sick or hurt either.  Im seeing to many conflicting weather reports, so lets put it off for now...

What do you guys think of Sept 21st?

- Steven Winslow -

I think it would be a great thing if Members of Delmarvabikers.com all got together and took an end of season ride. It would be awesome to get to meet the ones we interact with here on the site. I know the ones I have met thus far are great people. Doesn't have to be a meet and ride to the event thing. We could grab a weekend that nothing is going on and just ride. Just a thought:)

Delmarvabikers.com "Ride for the Hell of It!" is set for September 7th!  Yes folks, this is NOT a rain or shine event.  If it rains, stay home, kick back and enjoy a day off.  I will get up early and make a determination based on what is going on outside my window.  The weather man hardly ever gets it right, but they are predicting some weather for Sunday last I saw...  Remnants of a Hurricaine or something...  *LOL*  So, If its nice, comon out!  We're riding JUST BECAUSE WE WANT TO!  *LOL*  The idea is to get together some friends, get on our bikes and head out to a destination not too far and not too stressfull - Port Deposit and the Union Hotel!

We will have 2 meeting spots, add a reply here if you would like to see more or other spots added...

1) 8:45am - Mardela Goose Creek Store (Rt 50 and 54).  We will be kickstands up at 9:15am!
2) 10am - Easton Exxon Station.  We will be kickstands up at 10:20 at the latest!

SE and I are pouring over maps and are looking at taking back roads all the way up and back.  A rt 301 "Jet" is not in the cards, that would be contrary to what we are trying to do...

HOPE TO SEE A BUNCH OF YOU GUYS OUT ON SUNDAY!

- Steven Winslow -
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:33:05 AM by Winslow »

Tattoo

• Administrator
  • DMVB Score: +34/-1
  • White Trash... Straight outta the trailer park!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Delmarvabikers.com Members Ride
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 02:18:26 PM »
Great idea!!! Traders has to come into play at some point during that ride!!!! Anne and I will definatly be down for this!!!!
"Wind in my face...Two fists in the air...Not a care in the world!!!"

Sweet_Emotion

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 02:25:56 PM »
Oh yes I love Traders... This should be a great ride... Friends and Traders with no set mission... This is something I plan on following through with.  I am thinking close to the end of the riding season when things are slowing down would be a good time. Weather would be great for riding too.  Would be a cool end of the seaon thing.

WingTransport

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:18:28 PM »
Count us in.....

Mr. Breeze

• DMVB Score: +1/-0
  • Not Ready For The Rockin' Chair Just Yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 09:59:51 PM »
8)Somebody keep me informed about it. Sounds like a great idea! Mr. Breeze
Live to Ride and Ride to Live

Sweet_Emotion

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 11:11:42 PM »
Woot!! Looking good... I was looking at the calendar and looks like September 7th and 21st are free. Anyone interested in this, let me know your schedules. Once we have the date, then we can get the rest all together. I am really looking forward to all of us getting together, and putting some faces to the posts:)

hdsportster

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 08:46:13 PM »
Please posts updates. Any day riding is a good day  ;D

Winslow

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »
I vote the 7th!

- Steven Winslow -

Sweet_Emotion

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 10:21:07 PM »
Ok Ok so the 7th it is so far.... Wins mentioned Port Deposit... What do you all think???

Mr. Breeze

• DMVB Score: +1/-0
  • Not Ready For The Rockin' Chair Just Yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 07:37:46 PM »
When the date is set, where would we meet up at and at what time. I can make sure that I free that day up. YEE HAW!!!   ;D
Live to Ride and Ride to Live

Tattoo

• Administrator
  • DMVB Score: +34/-1
  • White Trash... Straight outta the trailer park!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 03:27:53 PM »
Just let us know and we're there!!!! :o
"Wind in my face...Two fists in the air...Not a care in the world!!!"

Sweet_Emotion

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 03:50:36 AM »
Looks like the 7th is it!! We will have more info and all as we go.Let me know what you all think. This is just a get together ride for us, so any and all input is welcome. This should be awesome:)

WingTransport

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
I think we can do the 7th.. The 21st gets into the Boat races....[Cambridge ]

Grimmus

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 10:29:35 AM »
if this is still a go. let me know im in ..

where and in when is all i need

Winslow

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 12:14:53 AM »
We've had a tremendous response to the idea of a delmarvabikers.com ride!  So...  We are going to do it!  Who's it for?  Well, its for all of us!  Yes, this one if for you, the members of delmarvabikers.com!  The destination at this time is Port Deposit and the Union Hotel!  This is a one cool spot to head up to, its a 100% biker bar just outside of Elkton, MD - about a 1.5 hour ride if we jet it.  My thought is to take our time, maybe hit some backroads and just enjoy a day of riding!  The only cause here is having fun, and the only money it will cost is what you spend on gas and food...

Detail coming very soon from SE...

COMON OUT!

- Steven Winslow -