Linked Events

• Insuraco Halloween Poker Run: November 02, 2008

Author Topic: Insuraco Halloween Poker Run  (Read 11819 times)

Winslow

Insuraco Halloween Poker Run
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:34:21 AM »
$1,000.00 For The Best Poker Hand!

Saturday - November 2nd, 2008
Insuraco / The Hawg House
750 Walker Road
Dover, DE
302-670-5400

Registration 10:00 - 12:00
Benefits Children with Special Needs
Door prizes and 50/50 as well...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 08:04:02 AM by Winslow »

Winslow

Re: Insuraco Halloween Poker Run
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »
Just got some info from Sparky over at BON / Insuraco over this one...  Looks like the run is going to start in Dover and head on down to the Oasis where there will be some doings going on in the afternoon.  Then it seems there is some kind of Halloween shindig over at Trader Lee's starting at 6pm or thereabouts...  Should make for a great Delmarva Biker Halloween!

Will keep you guys posted as I get more info...

- Steven Winslow -

~*Country Angel*~

• DMVB Score: +38/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:48:51 PM »
I am there....I am looking forward to helping Sparky out anyway  needed...He was such a great help to me on Sunday...I owe him....Plus I love doing this stuff.....So lets make it a GREAT turn out AGAIN folks....Hope to see all of you there!! Wooo Hooo....gonna be FuN....
It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 04:03:41 PM »
Hey all.....

Just a little update on the Poker Run...

At Oasis there will be silent auction, 50/50, food and door prizes galore...After Oasis hopefully everyone will head over to Trader Lees for
USMVMC Halloween Party...Looks like it is going to be a GREAT turn out and alot of fun...Hate to see any of you miss and then say I WISH I HAD GONE.....sooo hope to see all there for both events....

HUGS!!
TeriLyn
It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

craw

• DMVB Score: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »
Winslow, any info if this is rain or sun event?
I wanna go out peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather.  Not kicking & screaming like his passengers.

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 12:30:28 AM »
Hope this is some helpful information to all....

HALLOWEEN BIKER PARTIES & POKER RUN / BON Meet & Greet

Start Date: 10/25/2008 
End Date: 10/25/2008 

Address: 7539 Old Ocean City Road 
City/State/Zip: Whaleyville, MD 21872
Telephone: 302-670-5400 

Sponsor: OASIS BAR & GRILL 
E-mail: 410-641-2100

MARK YOUR CALANDERS FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25th 2008 ~ TWO (2) GREAT HALLOWEEN PARTIES ~ Just West of Ocean City, MD ~ IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS FOLKS. The 1st Party Begins as the Halloween Poker Run Ends at the OASIS BAR & GRILL (posted on this site) at around 2:00 p.m EVERYONE IS WELCOME to join the party so come out and join the fun. As the party begins, hundreds of bikers will be making their way to the OASIS BAR & GRILL as this is the final stop for the HALLOWEEN POKER RUN. In support of CHILD WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the OASIS BAR & GRILL has offered their location for this years HALLOWEEN PARTY. Jump into your costume and head down to the OASIS for an afternoon of laughs as bikers and BON Members compete for CASH & OTHER PRIZES. You'll laugh you're ass off watching folks compete in this years contest. This Party is done in conjunction with the 6th Annual Halloween Poker Run (listed on this site). DIRECTIONS TO THE OASIS: From Rt. 113 South (Delaware) make a RIGHT on Rt. 610 and continue 5.5 miles making a RIGHT onto Rt. 346. Go 1/8 mile and the OASIS is on your right. ~2nd HALLOWEEN PARTY ~ SATURDAY EVENING: After the party at the OASIS winds down around 5:30 or so, many of us are headed over to another HALLOWEEN PARTY in support of the U.S. Military Vets M/C Eastern Shore Chapter for their Halloween Party @ Trader Lees. Come out and show your support for those who have served our country and head to TRADER LEES'S, located at the corner of Rt. 50 & 611, West Ocean City, MD. Their Halloween Party is also posted on this site. From the $1,000.00 BEST HAND HALLOWEEN POKER RUN to the Party at the OASIS Bar & Grill and then we're on to TRADER LEE'S, it's gonna be a kick ass day TATER.... MAPQUEST is always a great way to get directions.

The Poker Run:

$1,000.00 BEST HAND POKER RUN

Yes it’s our 6th Annual Halloween Poker Run and costume party. All for a great cause. This years proceeds will again go to directly support Children With Special Needs.

REGISTRATION FROM 10:00 a.m. - NOON This years starting point will be from 750 Walker Road, Dover, DE 19904 (see direction below)

The Poker Run will take you along some of Delaware’s & Maryland’s most scenic roads. Ending at a Hot Spot where everyone will have a blast and someone wins the CASH and others win Door Prizes.

IT'S A SIMPLE GAME OF 5 CARD DRAW Sponsored by Insuraco Insurance & The Hawg House, we have kept the Registration fee down to $20.00 to make it affordable for everyone which gets you your Game Card along with your first five (5) cards. You want to play more hands while you're on the run, NO PROBLEM. We’ve reduced the cost for a the second game card (or passenger) to $10.00 with a maximum of 3 games cards per bike.

This makes for an exciting day.

DO THE MATH: The odds are great, in most cases around 400-1 odds. Not bad for a chance on winning $1,000 CASH.

ADDITIONALLY, OVER $500.00 IN DOOR PRIZES & GIFT CERTIFICATES WILL BE GIVEN OUT THE DAY OF THE EVENT.

THIS EVENT IS ALWAYS A BLAST....

Hope this is of some help...

****ALSO****
There will be boxes at both parties for "Operation We Care" which is sponsored by HDOC HOG group......all items are for the troops... I will post a list of items that are needed to send to the troops... so please try to bring something to help with the drive...Toothpaste, tooth brush, deodorant..etc. I will post a list ....

My son leaves 01/01/09 to do his second tour in Iraq, so this drive means alot to me and is very close to my heart. So please show your support for our troops.

Thanks to all in advance for all you do to help make a difference in the lives of others....HUGS 2 ALL....TeriLyn

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:46:27 AM by ~*Country Angel*~ »

Winslow

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 07:15:34 AM »
Im pretty sure its rain or shine, but I asked Dan and hopefully will get a reply soon...

- Steven Winslow -

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »
FYI.....date change for the benefit...Due to the rain coming, Rob (Sparky) wants to go witht he rain date....11/2....everything is the same just a week later...Hope all can still make it!!! Will keep you posted on any changes.

craw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 08:29:41 PM »
Country Angel,...Winslow,....is this "for real?"   Post-poned until Sunday the 2nd????   In a way, am glad,.....was losing riding partners right and left because of the rain.
I wanna go out peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather.  Not kicking & screaming like his passengers.

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 10:02:27 PM »
Yes this is for real....changed till 11/2....don't want to take a chance with the rain...So hope you can make it on 11/2....

Tattoo

• Administrator
  • DMVB Score: +34/-1
  • White Trash... Straight outta the trailer park!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 08:35:47 AM »
Has Traders been rescheduled too or is that still on for today?
"Wind in my face...Two fists in the air...Not a care in the world!!!"

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 11:27:11 AM »
Traders is still a GOoooo...Remind everyone I am putting a box there for Operation We Care....items to be donated and sent to the troops for the hoildays....List is posted on B.O.N. under events Operation We Care....

KAW-BOY

• DMVB Score: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 09:43:18 PM »
We'll Craw  due to the rain date, you just got one rider back. Les is still unsure.
Why Be Normal ???

stevehere

• DMVB Score: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 07:58:30 AM »
 Was lookin forward to this ride and then the rain hit, so I found another insane person and went ridin anyway. Hopefully the weather will be nice to us for this shoot at it, see y'all there.
life's short, laugh often Steveo

craw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 07:59:24 PM »
Anyone looking for some riding partners for the run?   Kawboy and i will be meeting up at the Millsboro Wa-Wa at 9 Sunday morning.  Plan on rolling out about 9:15 or so.   

We're taking the leisurely scenic route up to Dover,.....2-lane all the way.   Figure with a stop, maybe, in Milford, we'll hit Dover between 10:30 and 11:00.  He'll be on the blue Kaw,...m'lady and i will be 2-up on the gray Sportster.

C'mon and join us.  Really like the safer aspect of riding in a group of 6-10.

Shoot,...we'll be more than happy to let you lead.