Linked Events

• Help a Friend - Berlin, MD: October 05, 2008

Author Topic: Help a friend Benefit - Berlin, MD  (Read 12232 times)

Winslow

Help a friend Benefit - Berlin, MD
« on: September 01, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »
Just recieved this from TeriLyn...  Thanks for the heads up Teri!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Steve, my name is TeriLyn. I spoke with you at Holy Mackeral in ref to a benefit
I am hosting for a dear friend. Per our conversation you said to email you the flier
and you would post the info on delmarvabikers.com....Well attached you will find the
flier with all the info. I appreciate your help so much. It really is sad the reason
I am doing this, but as I told you Iam all about helping people and my heart goes
out to the family.
If you have any question, please contact me. My number is also on
the flier.

Again thank you sooo very much. you are a sweetie.
TeriLyn Darby

~*Country Angel*~

• DMVB Score: +38/-14
    • View Profile
Re: Help a friend Benefit - Berlin, MD
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »
Thanks Steve....

10/05/08 Help A friend Benefit...Sally is 39 years old and lives in Berlin with her husband Mark and their 4 kids. Sally has been diagnosed as being in stage 4 of Glioblastoma Mutiforme Cancer.....there is no cure for this type cancer. Sally has already started losing use of her right arm. She is currently undergoing radiation/ chemo treatments 5 days a week for 6 weeks, then 2 weeks off and right back at it again.
Sally is a very dear friend of mine, and I want to help her and her family anyway I can. So on 10/5/08 I will be hosting a bike run/scavenger hunt along with a silent auction/ Chinese auction/ buffet and 50/50 drawing plus loads of other things. Registration for the bike run starts at 9 am ( with FREE muffins, dounuts, and coffee. There will be a Bloody Mary bar available for a fee also) First bike out at 11am and last bike back in by 4pm. The silent auction and buffet will start at around 1pm. Dj starts plays 2-6. The fee for the run is $20 per person which will include the buffet. If you are not doing the ride it will be $10 per person. 

Please contact me with any questions. I can be reach my by email  oc_teri@yahoo.com or feel free to call me at 443-880-6868.

If anyone would like to donate anything for the silent auction or the Chinese auction it would be greatly appreciated.

So come out and Help A Friend...hope to see all there.
God Bless... and thank you!

TeriLyn
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:58:28 PM by ocpony »
It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

Sweet_Emotion

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 12:05:42 AM »
Hi Teri, and first I want to say my heart goes out to your friend and her family.Not too sure if we/I can do the event,but will sure promote it to the fullest... I will keep this fresh on the list, and send us all info you have as the event grows  closer...

Winslow

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 12:09:03 AM »
Side note here...  If you see a flyer attached to a listing, you can click on it to get the full size version.

My heart goes to them as well...  Hope all goes well with the event, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

- Steven Winslow -

Tattoo

• Administrator
  • DMVB Score: +34/-1
  • White Trash... Straight outta the trailer park!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »
I saw the flyer at the Girdletree event on Labor day and was floored. My mom has the same thing. (stage 4) and it is just devastaing. My wife and I are there and if theres anything we can do to help, let me know. I was telling my mom of this and she wants to help in anyway she can. We grabbed some flyers at Girdletree to pass out down here....
"Wind in my face...Two fists in the air...Not a care in the world!!!"

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 06:47:50 PM »
Oh THANK YOU soooo very much!!!
God Bless you and your family.....
It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

Winslow

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 10:47:33 AM »
Thanks to you Teri!

After discussions with Teri and our sponser, we are extending our summer a couple more weeks and heading over to the Oasis with the event trailer!  WOOHOO!  The riding season aint quite over yet!  Comon out guys, this is one worthy cause!

- Steven Winslow -

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 03:32:30 PM »
Steve this is soooo AWESOME!!! I am so excited about all you have and are doing. You guys are GOD sent!! Look forward to talking to you more.....
Have a GREAT DAY!
TeriLyn  ;D

Cherokee

• DMVB Score: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 07:07:14 AM »
Count me in. Just to let you know, this was brought to everyones attention at Septembers HOG meeting in Ocean City. I hope too see a large turn out from the rest of the OC Hogs.
Remember, It's not what you ride, but how you ride that reflects on us all.

Winslow

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 12:53:35 PM »
There is quite a buzz going on in the delmarva biker community about this one, Im betting it will be very well attended!  Teri is one of the nicest, friendliest people you could ever hope to meet, and Im sure her event will be a HUGE success!

Bet your ASS Lisa and I will be there!

- Steven Winslow -

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 11:20:14 PM »
The event has become very BIG...I am very excited about everything that will be going on. My heart is so full of joy from our community. The overwhelming respond has actually brought tears to my eyes a many of times.

Just a little update on some of things happening at the Help A Friend In Need......

There has been so many things donated from area business that we have been able to package alot of nice things together for the silent auction. One of the raffles will be a 3 day/2night stay at the Hilton in an Ocean front suite along with, $100 gift certificate for dinner, breakfast for 2, wines, wine glasses, cheese & crackers, chocolate covered strawberries....and much much more....I hope to see all you guys buying chances on this one to suprise the little lady.
We have tools, airplane ride over OC, Hooper's even donated dinner for 4 w/ UNLIMITED drinks....oh yea you know I am getting a ticket for this one.

For anyone wanting to get their hair cut, well save it for this day. I have a very special young lady donating her time FOR DONATIONS to cut hair. All money will be given to the benefit to help us reach our goal.  All hair 10inches or longer will be donated to Locks of Lock...already got people wanting to donate the hair for this. Incase you are not familiar with Locks of Love, they make wigs with all the hair donated. They then give these wigs to people with cancer and that can not afford to get a wig. Any hair below 10 inches is still donated but Locks of Love then sells that hair to help with having the wigs made.

Food Food and more Food....area restaurants and business have donated food for the buffet. Such places as Angelo's, Eming's, Bobby Whites BBQ, Oasis Bar and Grill and many many more....and lets not forget our own locals who want to do whatever they can to make this a BIG SUCCESS.....

There is going to be so much going on I could go on and on about it, but gotta leave some suprises for the day. I will tell you the Scavenger Hunt is gonna be all over the place, so make sure you have a full tank of gas....(and just a little hint a camera phone or digital camera may be helpful)....wink wink....

If anyone has any questions please feel free to call me...my number is on the flyer.

Just want to say a very special THANK YOU to Steve and Delmarvabikers.com, I truly appreciate everything you are doing for this event and for all that you bring to the communitys..YOU ROCK!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:24:23 PM by ~*Country Angel*~ »

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »
One more thing....
Update on Sally....
Sally is coming to the end of her first set of treatments soon. She is unable to use her right arm now, her seizures have begun again. Her meds have been increased but so has the swelling in her brain. She has lost her hair on only one side of her head, she does have a wig though, which a very special friend donated to her. The doctors seem to think that the meds are going to help with the swelling, and plus I have faith in the man upstairs to make it better for her also.

One thing though her spirits are good, she is hoping to be at the benefit even if for just a short time. She wants to be able to THANK everyone personally.

So if you are at the event please say hi to her. Thanks ....

Winslow

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 12:48:19 AM »
Thanks Teri!

I gotta say though, it is truly an honor to be invited!  I wish there was more we could do to help this event be the HUGE SUCCESS Im sure it will be!

- Steven Winslow -

stevehere

• DMVB Score: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 11:04:08 PM »
 Steve, Lisa, Tatto, see y'all there, very good cause, good people and get some ride time in, Im there.
life's short, laugh often Steveo

~*Country Angel*~

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »
Just to let all know the bike run is about 190 miles total. It is about 6.5 hrs long...

Registration is 9-12 with 1st bike out at 11, last bike back by 4. That only gives you a total of 5 hours to get as much as possible for the scavenger hunt. Don't sweat it though if you do not get all the spots hit, cause that is the point of the scavenger hunt. I can't have everyone being able to hit all the spots.....just a little hint...there will be some bonus points you can get. ALSO.....myself and Billie CAN BE BRIBED for extra points...you will see on Sunday how...lol.

Looks like the weather is going to be nice. So hope to see alot of you out there.
Again if you have any questions please hit me up...

THANKS
TeriLyn  :o
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:49:54 AM by ~*Country Angel*~ »